Re: Is this the right list to discuss Debian problems on pinebook?

On 12/09/17 17:15, Andreas Tille wrote:

In short:  Is this the right list for this kind of questions or should
I rather ask this on pine64 forum.

We're interested and sympathetic, but like things such as the Raspberry Pi a lot depends on the extent to which the hardware manufacturer makes sure that upstream developers are aware of what he's doing.

I would say that for the last couple of years I've been running pukka Debian on Raspberry Pis, updating the kernel on a fairly regular basis by having a minimal Raspbian partition to oversee downloading kernel and bootloader into /boot. The thing to note in this case is that you also have to copy the appropriate tree from Raspbian (or whatever) /lib/modules onto the Debian root.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk