Re: contemplating conversion of an r-pi3b based system to a rock64

2 meters is pretty dead around here lately, using it as test signals
for my SDR.  I use the NOAA weather transmitters around 162 MHz
instead.  Yep, I had a 1st phone too, got it around 1976, gave it up
about 1982 because it got me nothing but minimum wage jobs and then I
spent 26 years working for colleges.  Got a ham ticket again when the
code requirement went away, haven't been on the air in 8 years or so
now.

Looks like you installed a fair chunk of Gnome.  The stuff you
installed got swallowed up by Gnome so in order to get it Gnome came
with it.  You'll maybe notice a difference when you apt-get upgrade.
I would think the solaar wouldn't do any good unless you already had
the Logitech hardware.  I wanted just a wireless keyboard with a
touchpad or trackball I could stick in my lap, because I wanted to
stick a Pi in the living room connected to my 40" TV over HDMI.  My
mother has trouble seeing a 24" monitor, she could fairly painlessly
switch to a Pi it seems.