Re: contemplating conversion of an r-pi3b based system to a rock64

Try this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech_Unifying_receiver
It's sort of like Bluetooth without pairing.  Not sure about the FCC
part but it's 2.4 GHz like Bluetooth or WiFi.

On 9/4/17, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> On Monday 04 September 2017 12:07:56 Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 06:31:46AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > But aren't the huge majority of the wireless keyboards and mice just
>> > BT at the core?  Max reliable range when the dongles can see the
>> > master is about 20 feet. I put the mouse in the box the pi is in,
>> > and had BT do a scan with bluetoothctl, while I jiggled the mouse,
>> > nothing detected.
>>
>> Certainly Logitech's wireless is not BT.  I seem to recall reading
>> that they found BT way too unreliable and instead use their own
>> protocol. Not sure about other makes.
>
> But unless they are sneaking in under the FCC's radar, which they aren't
> else customs would padlock the container, it does have to be an FCC
> approved frequency and protocol in order to be able to label it with an
> FCC iD # of JNZYR0017 on the bottom of this K360. It also has regulatory
> labels from at least a dozen other national regulatory agencies from all
> over the planet.  A very busy label. So the frequency and protocol are
> supposedly known to the various regulatory agencies.  The above Jnumber
> doesn't not search in their database, at least not those pieces I can
> access.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach