Re: ARM Ports BoF: armel in buster

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 9:49 PM, Roger Shimizu wrote:

> However, I think armel is time to transit to v5.

As someone who can no longer run Debian stable on his MIPS device due
to the CPU requirements bump in stretch, I'm not sure that bumping CPU
requirements is a good idea in general. If there are actual benefits
to v5 as the default then bumping it could be a good idea. OTOH the
only relevant hardware for armel these days seems to be RPi, so why
not make armel into armhfv6 instead?

--
bye,
pabs