Re: New hardware

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 11:32 PM, Norbert Preining wrote:

> I am now testing several things and playing around with the device,
> so I thought I asked whether there is anything you want to know
> or what I can do for you?

You could write up a page about how to install Debian on it:

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn

If it uses u-boot as the bootloader, or if upstream u-boot supports
it, you could test the status of the Debian u-boot packages on it:

https://wiki.debian.org/U-boot/Status

You could add support for it to the Debian Installer, probably
starting with flash-kernel.

https://packages.qa.debian.org/f/flash-kernel.html

You could work on mainlining hardware support in Linux/bootloader/mesa/etc.

You could package whatever software is needed in Debian to regain the
functionality of the OS it ships with under Debian.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise