Re: QNAP TS-419P Stretch ATA errors

On 27 June 2017 07:52:34 CEST, Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki@gmail.com> wrote:
><f2985a762f2ea45f9f1ce1339ad4318b@renf.us>:
>> On April 19, 2017 7:47:49 PM GMT+02:00, John Horan
><knasher@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>I upgraded my storage to stretch the other day, and the device
>started
>>>freezing.  So I hooked up a serial console and saw the lots of ata
>>>errors
>> A bit later the disk in the TS-219 died.
>> Will try and swap the new stretch disks to the TS-221 this weekend.
>
>Did you try out stretch on TS-221, or any others with more recent
>Debian stretch experiences now that it was released? I don't see
>anything marvell/kirkwood/qnap related in changelog lately that could
>improve the situation if there's a generic problem.
>
>I'm tempted but hesitating to upgrade. I have TS-221 specifically.

A few months ago I tried stretch (then still testing distro) with the TS-221.
Same issues as reported before.

Today there was another report on this list for a 6282 SOC in a TS-421 that was unstable.

As my TS-221 is personal production box I did not upgrade to a kernel with flavour Marvell.
I test with tftp booting marvell flavour kernel off of disks in a TS-219 (a 6281 SOC).

>-Timo

GRTNX, RobJE