Re: Problems with KuroBox Pro and micro-evtd

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 08:57:10 -0700
Ryan Tandy <ryan@nardis.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 07:30:12PM +0900, Roger Shimizu wrote:
> >I guess the temperature control is irrelevant, but this commit:
> >  https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/micro-evtd.git/commit/?id=9922c6d
>
> That's unexpected. It should have only affected button press
> detection... But you're saying reverting that commit and setting
> iomem=relaxed fixes the problem for you?

Just a suspect. I'm trying to confirm now.

I installed -3 version of micro-evtd from snapshot.d.o
add iomem=relaxed kernel option, and confirmed it can boot.
So if the issue doesn't occur for a few days, we can guess it's caused by
-4 version change.

If it still occurs, I think it should be the regression for the kernel.

> >How do you disable micro-evtd and keep the device running?
> >I remember the device need micro-evtd to talk to micon every a few
> >minutes to keep the watchdog happy.
>
> The init script disables the watchdog when micro-evtd is stopped. Before
> I added this there were some unhappy users whose micro-evtd got stopped
> early in a big dist-upgrade, and the box was killed in the middle of the
> upgrade...

I see.
I find the "-a system_set_watchdog off" in init script.
Is there any side effect if we add this "-a system_set_watchdog off" command
to start_server() routine also? The watchdog is quite anonying AFAICS.

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1