Re: Debian on Qnap TS-109

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 2:29 PM, [ftp83plus] <gestos@ftp83plus.net> wrote:
> Thanks for this hint, what about this annoying beep? I could always desolder
> the buzzer, but that's not a "clean" solution.
>
> tail /var/log/syslog reports
> Sep 13 14:08:49 NASAD13D6 qcontrol[226]: ts209: fan error

      Well, I would try to find out why it is reporting an issue with
the fan. Can it find (detect) the fan? How does it do that? Where I am
getting is that maybe the fan is indeed boink, or the OS is not
detecting the fan.

I have in a Centos box a program to control the different -- cpu, case
-- fans, turning them faster or slower depending on the need. Because
of my motherboard not being the most common I had to edit the fan
config file a bit so program would find it and probe the cpu and
motherboard and then adjust fan speed accordingly.

> So I killed qcontrol, which stopped the beep, but not the logging of the
> error. Is there a clean fix for this bug?
>
> Kernel is:
> Linux NASAD13D6 3.16.0-4-orion5x #1 Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u1 (2016-09-03)
> armv5tel GNU/Linux
>
> New: I wanted to instal openmediavault on this TS-109 II (not TS-109, sorry
> for the mistake), but I get error:
>
> "Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages"
>
> At the same time
> dpkg --get-selections | grep hold
> returns nothing.
>
> Ideas?

      I think there probably were other messageswhen you trying to
install that package. Can you post them here?