Re: u-boot fw_env for SD card based boot

On 2016-12-20, Simon H wrote:
> For me, the important variable is 'fdtfile', as I'm not currently
> using the correct dtb for my device (because either it does not work,
> or my device does not work! :), and so adjusting the boot parameters
> could be important if I try to investigate the dtb.

You could configure flash-kernel to force the .dtb installed:

/etc/flash-kernel/machine:
  forced-pcduino-dtb

/etc/flash-kernel/db:
  #Example Entry taken from /usr/share/flash-kernel/db/all.db
  #Machine: LinkSprite pcDuino
  Machine: forced-pcduino-dtb
  Kernel-Flavors: armmp
  Boot-Script-Path: /boot/boot.scr
  DTB-Id: sun4i-a10-pcduino.dtb
  U-Boot-Script-Name: bootscr.sunxi
  Required-Packages: u-boot-tools

Adjust to use the appropriate .dtb or boot script as appropriate(maybe
use bootscr.uboot-generic instead of bootscr.sunxi), and re-run
flash-kernel.

The boot script should attempt to fallback to /boot/dtb-$version, so
even though u-boot doesn't set the correct fdtfile variable, it should
still boot.

live well,
  vagrant