Re: X on Tegra/Nouveau with Jetson-TK1

On 2016-11-25 18:19 +0000, Wookey wrote:

> So, I have installed a Jetson TK1 and updated
> https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/NVIDIA/Jetson-TK1 with a
> few ifs and buts, but essentially that works very nicely with the stretch
> installer.
>
> So now I want working X to run a TV frontend in. This looks to be
> rather less 'ready'. Before I flail about too much is there anyone here
> that's already messed with this and worked out which bits are needed?
>
> Currently I get
> gbm: failed to open any driver (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
> gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/lib/dri/tegra_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> failed to load driver: tegra
>
> I'm not sure where that is supposed to come from.

The error message comes from a file in mesa, see [1].  It has been
suggested that gbm should try to dlopen nouveau_dri.so instead[2], to
test that hypothesis you could symlink nouveau_dri.so to
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/tegra_dri.so.  Maybe this works, or it
crashes and burns.

Good luck,
          Sven

1. https://sources.debian.net/src/mesa/12.0.4-2/src/gbm/backends/dri/gbm_dri.c/#L357