Re: Qnap TS-431+, Synology DS416 (AL-212)

On 12/04/16 15:23, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> [2016-04-12 10:03]:
>> I came across the Qnap wiki[1], it doesn't mention the Qnap TS-431 and
>> TS-431+
>>
>> Does anybody know about these, for better or worse?
>
> The CPU used in the TS-431 is not supported in the mainline kernel (or
> wasn't like time I checked).
>
> The TS-431+, as you say, uses an Annapurna Labs Alpine chip.  They
> contributed initial kernel support but then disappeared (maybe because
> they were acquired by Amazon, maybe not).  Free Electronics submitted
> some patches recently, so there might be hope.
>
> I wouldn't recommend any of these two devices right now if you want to
> run Debian.

Would you know if there has been any development in relation to the
Annapurna Labs chips?

Some of the newer devices, such as TS-531X[1], look interesting, but
they have similar chips.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/model.php?II=260&ref=product_overview