Re: ARM64 (was: Summary of the ARM ports BoF at DC16)

> > Affordable, usable machines are available now, e.g. the Cello

Is the Cello actually available?  96boards is still saying "pre-order".

> There are three other ARM64 gadgets worth mentioning...

And the ODROID-C2.  (Can someone add that to the list at
https://wiki.debian.org/Arm64Port#Hardware.2C_emulators_and_models ?)

> The Mustang board is a nice test platform because its an early ARMv8
> board. While its ARMv8, it lacks CRC and Crypto extensions.

That's interesting.  Having almost given up on any AMD ARM
hardware ever appearing, I've been considering getting a
Gigabyte MP30-AR0 (which I thought for a long time was
vapourware, but it seems does really exist to buy); it's based
on the same x-gene as the Mustang.  But this suble instruction
set difference is worrying; will I discover in a few years that
the baseline requirements for Debian arm64, or something
else, exclude this device?

Cheers, Phil.