Re: ARM64

* Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> [2016-07-22 11:24]:
> > * LeMaker HiKey (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019O3QTSA), $169 USD
> > * SnapDragon 410c (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01600X7IU), $75 USD
>
> Do any of these work with vanilla U-Boot and kernel?

The DragonBoard 410c has mainline u-boot support.  When I enabled
support in the Debian kernel a few months ago, support was very basic
(no USB or wifi).  I believe there's USB support now.

I captured some info at https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/96Boards/DragonBoard410c
but the page is a bit out of date now.

I'm not sure I'll more more time into the DragonBoard 410c since it's
not a very popular platform.

The LeMaker HiKey has similar issues (Vagrant has done some work on
Debian support for it).  To be fair though, there's a lot of work
going on upstream to improve kernel support.

My general problem with the Consumer Edition devices from 96Boards
(which the DragonBoard and HiKey are), apart from lack of good kernel
support, is that they require a non-standard power supply and
non-standard serial console.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/