Re: armhf ABI detection crashing ldconfig on arm64

On 2016-04-25 00:30, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Package: libc6-bin
> Severity: serious
> Version: 2.22-7
> Tags: patch
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Steev has reported some crashing using ldconfig on arm64 systems with
> armhf added as a secondary architecture - he's using this config in
> Kali, for example.
>
> Working through the problem with him on #debian-arm, I can see that
> it's a problem with our/my patch for ARM ABI detection. On older
> binaries that predate the new ABI flags in the ELF header, we're still
> parsing the ARM attributes. That works fine on armel/armhf, but on
> arm64 this code is being built wrongly using native (ELF64)
> types. This patch is the obvious fix - enforce using ELF32 types for
> all arches.

You have the same code in unsubmitted-ldconfig-cache-abi.diff, so I
guess it also have to be patched?

> It seems that we still have some older packages without the ABI flags
> attached - libshout3 is one such. :-(

Frankly we are keeping "temporary" hacks for quite too long on armhf. I
would like to drop the following patches after the Stretch release:

- local-soname-hack.diff
- unsubmitted-ldconfig-cache-abi.diff
- unsubmitted-ldso-abi-check.diff
- unsubmitted-ldso-multilib.diff

Could you please ensure that all the binaries in the archive that still
needs these patches are rebuilt?

Thanks,
Aurelien