Re: Debian Jessie on QNAP TS-112P - Reboot instead of shutdown

* Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> [2016-04-14 03:12]:
> > I think the issue is known bug in the current Kirkwood kernel, hence I don't
> > want to dwell on the subject. I upgraded to Debian Jessie recently on my QNP
> > TS-112P and ever since I have been unable to shutdown my system, because it
> > restarts rather than turns itself off when I issue "shutdown -h now" or
> > "poweroff".
>
> there's recent fix for shutdown/reboot on QNAP:
> - https://bugs.debian.org/807696
> - https://bugs.debian.org/810680

Neither of those bugs apply to the kernel in jessie, though.

My suspicion is that this problem is related to the introduction of
wakealarm support in qcontrol.  I believe someone else reported a
similar problem in the past but I don't have a reference right now.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/