Qnap TS-431+, Synology DS416 (AL-212)

I came across the Qnap wiki[1], it doesn't mention the Qnap TS-431 and
TS-431+

Does anybody know about these, for better or worse?

The specs[2] say the TS-431+ chipset is an Annapurna Labs Alpine AL-212
dual-core 1.4GHz processor.
It has 1GB RAM, 512MB flash, 4 hot-swap bays, 2 Gigabit ethernet ports
and 3x USB3

I did a search for other boxes using the same chipset and came across
the Synology DiskStation DS215+ (2 bay) and DS416 (4-bay) with similar
specs to the Qnap.  I also came across a price comparison site that lets
people search by chipset[3]

Can these be operated with 100% free software, no binary firmware blobs?

Is the hardware encryption supported by Debian?  Web sites mention it
can do AES-256 in hardware.

1. https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/QNAP
2. https://www.qnap.com/i/en/product/model.php?II=171&event=2
3.