Re: hostname ?

Ah:

"In a nutshell: Your RAID devices store the hostname in the
superblock, so that when "mdadm --assemble" is called, it only
assembles RAID devices that belong to the running host. (The rationale
is that if you, for some reason, have hooked up a RAID device from
some other host, and mdadm auto-assembles that, Bad Things(tm) may
happen. It's a safety feature for that very rare circumstance.)

Either update the homehost setting in the superblocks, or change the
HOMEHOST parameter in /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf . (If it's set to
"<system>", which it probably is, mdadm will substitute the system's
current hostname.)"

from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mdadm/+bug/325827

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX