Re: hostname ?

No clue but I wondered why a RAID stack would need the hostname so I
Googled:  raid hostname

You're not alone by the looks.  And it's not peculiar to the hardware.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/63980/how-do-i-rename-an-mdadm-raid-array
comes close.

I haven't used a RAID in years and that was under Windows NT and
OpenBSD.  Seems like the installer should ask though, I remember that
question from a few days ago when using an install disk to get into
rescue mode (i386/686).  If you really didn't get asked (debian was
the default I saw), that might be a legitimate bug.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX