Re: Silly mailing list question

I can detect them by filtering but the choices of what to do next are very limited.

Sent from my Motorola XT1505

On Jan 29, 2016 2:24 PM, "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 01:59:44PM -0500, Alan Corey wrote:
> Well, I'm guilty of using gmail with the web client.  I set up a
> filter which at most could delete, forward, apply a "label", but those
> are the most useful choices.  And that's by brute force reading
> through the whole message, but it's not my CPU.
>
> Gmail won't even let you see the sender's IP address in the headers
> because it "violates the sender's privacy".  In this age of rampant
> scam, fraud, terrorism I don't think hiding identities should even be
> legal.  It takes a court order to get it out of them.

If I select 'filter messages like this' on gmail, it suggests using:

Includes the words:
list:(<debian-arm.lists.debian.org>)

I suspect that means they have an option of 'list:()' meaning it has a

So seems like it should not be a problem at all.

--
Len Sorensen