Re: Silly mailing list question

+++ Alan Corey [2016-01-29 11:19 -0500]:
> Why doesn't this Debian list use Gnu Mailman?
> https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/  I'm not on any other Debian
> lists, maybe they're all like this.

Debian lists all run on smartlist IIRC. So they are consistent.

> I'm on lists for OpenBSD, FreeBSD, mc, xorg, gphoto, Gradle but this
> is the only one that (1) spews random sporadic messages without a
> group title prefix like [ports] and (2) doesn't offer the option of a
> daily digest.  They look like personal emails.

The [title] format is something of a hack for people using dim mail
clients that can only sort on subject. People on debian lists are
assumed to have mail clients that actually work.

Debian list messages have a comprehensive set of headers so you can tell where it came from:

That ought to be sufficient.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/