re: security labeling handle: No such file or directory (what file?)

OK, I had something strange with my mounts but I found the suggestion
somewhere to do:
cat /proc/mounts > /etc/mtab
and that worked (mtab was empty, fstab too).

Now mount shows:
selinuxfs on /sys/fs/selinux type selinuxfs (rw,relatime)
so I did mount -o remount,ro /sys/fs/selinux

And I was able to install binutils finally with no selinux error.

But it seems to have thrown Android for a loop (or maybe it's the read
only mount).  In a few minutes the terminal emulator went blank, none
of my icons do anything.  I can't even turn it off, it hangs saying
"shutting down" with a little loopy progress indicator going around
and around.  My Micro CPU Monitor app is still going.  So I'll let it
sit until the battery runs down.  My guess is that by default
/sys/fs/selinux will get mounted read/write on power up and everything
will be normal again.  I guess I should have set it back read/write as
soon as I was done. I have only power and volume buttons, they don't
seem to do anything useful.  100% battery charge too, so a long wait.
Maybe I should scrap this and reinstall.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX