Re: Porting Debian arm(hf) to Turris Omnia (open-hardware router)

On 20.11.2015 19:56, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> On 11/20/2015 03:49 PM, Martin Strbačka wrote:

>>> Definitely not Broadcom as we are too small for them to even notice. I
>>> am Ccing my colleague Martin, who is the head of the project, and he can
>>> answer in more detail.
>>
>> Hello, the switch-chip is Marvell 88E6176. Unfortunately you are right
>> we are not allowed to share the documentation.
>
> Is this device similar to a previous switch model by Marvell?

I can't say. I haven't worked with any other Marvell switch before.

> It seems
> openwrt already knows a bit about this switch.
> I will check in the next
> few days if I consider getting support for that one into the mainline
> kernel manageable for me. Other than that I wouldn't expect big
> problems. Do you have a preliminary device tree or even openwrt support
> patches already?

Yes we have that but it is not publicly available yet. I added my
colleague Tomas Hlavacek who's the author of most of the low-level code.
He can send you those patches.

Best Regards,
Martin

--
Martin Strbacka CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o. tel. +420 604 217 854