From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
To: Bob Stewart <bob@evoria.net>
Cc: "debian-arm@lists.debian.org" <debian-arm@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2015 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: SS4000E install problem

* Bob Stewart <bob@evoria.net> [2015-11-05 19:37]:

> I apologize if this is the wrong list. If so, please direct me
> elsewhere.  I'm trying to install debian squeeze onto an Intel
> SS4000E.  Things work OK until it tries to install "bootstrap-base",
> which it can't find regardless of which mirror I try.  I've tried
> several versions of initrd.gz and zImage with no luck.  Any hints or
> suggestions would be appreciated.

This came up on another mailing list recently:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2015/10/msg00185.html

squeeze moved to archive.debian.org.

You can try installing from there.  When the installer shows you a
list of countries when choosing the mirror, choose "enter information
manually".  See this screenshot:
https://blog.sleeplessbeastie.eu/assets/uploads/2015/06/debian-installation-httpredir1.png
Enter archive.debian.org as the hostname and /debian as the directory.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/