Request for help: GHC on armel

Dear ARM porters,

the Haskell compiler GHC has recently improved its support for (recent
forms of) ARM, and a new release (7.10.3) with that is expected real
soon. Unfortunately, it seems that the change has regressed on armel,
which seems to be a rather old instruction set.

Erik de Castro Lopo started some work here and made the Compiler build
system aware that there are differences, but in the end it segfaults,
and furthermore gdb hangs when trying to look at it:
http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/11058

So I guess we (well, he – I don’t know anything about such low level
things) could use some help here. Does anyone one this list care about
continued Haskell support for armel, and can help Erik fixing this
problem?

If not, then I’m not sure what to do, besides eventually dropping the
armel Haskell programs.

Greetings,
Joachim

--