Re: Enabling llvmpipe in the mesa armhf packages

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 1:43 AM, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:

> Hence, I wonder why exactly is llvmpipe disabled on mesa armhf builds in
> Debian (perhaps it was broken long ago?) and whether we could enable it
> again.

I did a quick search and found Ubuntu disabled it due to this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/+bug/1260068

Also saw these entries in the Debian changelog:

mesa (10.0.1-1) experimental; urgency=low

  * New upstream release.
  * Disable llvmpipe on armhf, it regresses.

 -- Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst@ubuntu.com>  Wed, 18 Dec 2013
15:18:25 +0100

mesa (10.0.0-1) experimental; urgency=low

  [ Timo Aaltonen ]
  * rules: Enable llvmpipe on armhf, should work now.

 -- Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>  Sun, 08 Dec 2013 15:17:17 +0100

http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/m/mesa/unstable_changelog

> What do you think?

If it is tested and working, it seems reasonable to enable it.
Probably it needs upstream and or Debian people to be testing it to
avoid regressions.

--
bye,
pabs