Re: help? efivar 0.20-3 fails to build on arm64

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 05:50:26PM -0500, D. Jared Dominguez wrote:
>Hi Wookey!
>
>>Given that this package is correctly skipping the test on the non-UEFI
>>machine, the correct fix would seem to be to fix the test on the UEFI
>>machine.
>
>Yes, though Peter Jones told me after I sent the initial email: "I would
>recommend not running it during a normal build." He's got some open issues
>with the test suite that he's concluded are due to broken firmware, not
>efivar being broken. I disabled dh_auto_test. I'll enable it again once Peter
>deems it more ready, though he noted that he thinks it makes more sense to
>rig up the tests in jenkins, which is on his to-do list.

I'd be worried about running tests on a buildd that may actually
permanently affect the hardware of the buildd! Simple read-only tests
that verify some of the behaviour of efivar might make sense as part
of the build verification, but nothing that attempts to write, imho.

Unless there's an emulation layer that could be used to test efivar
behaviour in a test harness, that would be lovely. And lots of work, I
know!

How does this work on the x86 buildds? I'm not sure what the state of
those is wrt UEFI either...

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth