LaCie NAS support in Debian

Hi Simon,

You added support for various LaCie NAS devices in Debian some time
ago, including flash-kernel and the installer.  I wanted to ask the
status of this.

I just added a patch to append device tree blobs to the kernel, which
is required for the kernel in stretch:
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/debian-installer.git/commit/?id=5d5ea2ebbb7e394735de5e667c4a7c3d548db41f

However, if I remember correctly, the LaCie devices are not supported
in oldsys-preseed (not even as default DHCP), so users still need a
serial console.

In Debian jessie, several devices have been converted to DT (but not
all) but the installer doesn't supply the DTB, so they are broken.
Should we fix this in jessie or remove LaCie images, or just leave it
as it works on some devices?

I don't know if there are any users of Debian on LaCie since support
isn't documented afaik.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/