Re: [linux-sunxi] Backporting simplefb support to 3.16 kernel

"B.R. Oake" <broake@openmailbox.org> writes:

> Hi Ian, Hans,
>
> On 28/02/15 16:18, Ian Campbell wrote:

[...]

> Hans, do you agree?
> Ian, do you need me to raise a Debian bug about this last missing patch?

Does that mean there is a realistic chance to have Olimex A20-Olinuxino
Micro+simplefb support in jessie (maybe not A20-OLinuXino-LIME2)?

That would be really great (somehow didn't expect that, but I didn't
look at the diff from 3.16). Last time I looked u-boot in testing/jessie
was to old, too. Did someone look at that, too?

I would especially be happy if I could drop:
https://www.karme.de/prisirah/#sec-4
"
4.1 Linux kernel

At the moment Debian's Linux kernel can't be used directly. But thanks to the
sunxi community^17 it became possible to use the linux mainline kernel version
3.19 for our purpose.^18 For now the corresponding Debian binary packages are
provided in the Prisirah repository^19 and the kernel source is in the Git
repository at https://www.karme.de/git/linux^3.

4.2 U-Boot

To boot the Linux kernel the boot loader "Das U-Boot" is used. U-Boot's state
is similar to the kernel's. Debian's U-Boot package can't be used, yet. Also
thanks to the sunxi community it became possible to use a U-Boot version very
close to upstream^20. At the moment for each possible hardware setup a
different U-Boot binary is provided in the u-boot-sunxi Debian binary package
in the Prisirah repository^19. The source is in the u-boot Debian source
package and in the Git repository at https://www.karme.de/git/u-boot^3.
"

Greetings,
jens

--
Prisirah - Building digital photo frames for family and friends using
open-source hardware. http://karme.de/prisirah/