Re: Question about build box hardware

On 02/03/15 19:02, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
Well I was seeing a ton of crashes building openjdk (it rarely survived
it), and ceph, when running 3.14 linaro kernel on the arndale-octa.
With 3.19 plain release kernel, I have built openjdk, ceph and others
a number of times (even did 3 builds of openjdk in parallel to abuse
it) and have had no crashes at all.  So perhaps something in 3.14 was
unstable (and could still be true in 3.16) for some are systems, that
3.19 has fixed.  I don't know which kernel the jessie builders are
currently running.
Assuming you mean the raspbian jessie autobuilders they are currently running a 3.17 kernel from Debian experimental. I tried Debian 3.18 but had issues with udev not working. IIRC wheezy's version refused to start while jessie/sid's version claimed to start successfully but didn't actually populate /dev .