Re: [linux-sunxi] Backporting simplefb support to 3.16 kernel

On Fri, 2015-03-06 at 12:52 +0100, Jens Thiele wrote:
> "B.R. Oake" <broake@openmailbox.org> writes:
>
> > Hi Ian, Hans,

> [...]
>
> > Hans, do you agree?
> > Ian, do you need me to raise a Debian bug about this last missing patch?
>
> Does that mean there is a realistic chance to have Olimex A20-Olinuxino
> Micro+simplefb support in jessie (maybe not A20-OLinuXino-LIME2)?

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner says the platform
is already there, so this should enable the FB given a suitably new
u-boot.

> That would be really great (somehow didn't expect that, but I didn't
> look at the diff from 3.16). Last time I looked u-boot in testing/jessie
> was to old, too. Did someone look at that, too?

I haven't and likely won't be looking at that.

I've not looked but I think that backporting the u-boot side of the
framebuffer changes would be too much given the freeze etc, but who
knows...

Ian.