Re: Debian on the Ionics Stratus plug computer

A related question...

I have created a kernel package with the procedure described before; installing this on the plug gets an error saying that the packages arch (arm) doesn't match the system's (armel).

The plug runs Debian Squeeze, I am suspecting the arch names have simply changed and were this Wheezy the system would also be armel, but I am not certain.

I know I can --force-all, but is there some trick I should be using to get the package labelled with arch 'armel'? Perhaps like this:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2010/04/msg00009.html
http://www.rigacci.org/wiki/doku.php/doc/appunti/hardware/lacie_d2_network

The solution (to make the DPKG_ARCH=armel and KERNEL_ARCH=arm) was to edit /usr/share/kernel-package/ruleset/misc/kernel_arch.mk, and add the following lines at the end:

ifeq ($(strip $(architecture)),armel)
   KERNEL_ARCH := arm
endif
ifeq ($(strip $(architecture)),armeb)
   KERNEL_ARCH := arm
endifThen I run:

cd /usr/src/linux
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi-
export ARCH=arm
make-kpkg --arch armel --cross_compile=arm-linux-gnueabi- clean
make-kpkg --revision=lacie.0.1 --initrd --arch=armel \
           --cross_compile=arm-linux-gnueabi- kernel_image
make uImage

Except I tried following that procedure and found didn't work for me, still I get a package labelled as arch 'arm'

Thanks,