Re: Haskell on arm needs help (was: hledger and hledger-web packages for raspbian)

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 22.11.2014, 13:27 -0500 schrieb Ben Gamari:
> For this reason I have been recommending
> ARM users to use gold to link our executables. I describe this in [2].

ok, using gold should be possible in our packaging.

>  * Bootstrapping is a bit painful due to various bugs in various linkers
>
>  * There is a bug in the LLVM mangler [3] currently in the 7.8 branch that
>    means that GHC can't bootstrap itself. This is fixed in master and
>    the fix should make it in to 7.8.4 which will be the last release in
>    the 7.8 series

Also sounds good. So is there a good chance that we’ll be able to build
a well-working 7.8.4 (using 7.6 as the bootstrap compiler)?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner