Haskell on arm needs help (was: hledger and hledger-web packages for raspbian)

oops, forgot to actually cc debian-arm

Readers on debian-arm and raspbian-devel, see
https://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2014/11/msg00024.html if you
want more context.

Joachim Breitner wrote:
There was some support for ghci on arm, but it wasn’t working
well and disabled it in Debian in 7.6.3:

  * Disable GHCi on arm, as it is severly borken (for more information see
    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/7794)

Maybe things have improved in 7.8 (currently in experimental). We could
use some manpower dedicated to testing this, hunting down upstream
patches and trying them out. Unfortunately, the current 7.8 package does
not even build on arm:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ghc&suite=experimental
and every developer trying to fix it gave up, mostly because the long
build times make it so annoying.
You might find asachi.debian.org useful, it's an APM x-gene mustang with
8 64-bit cores. Not sure of the clockspeed but i'm fairly sure it's
high. The box has armel, armhf and arm64 chroots available for use.

Maybe there are people out there in the Raspbian community who care for
ghc (not just ghci!) on arm and would like to fix these problems before
they migrate to Raspbian? You’d be welcome to join the Debian Haskell
Group!
Well it won't be me, I don't know haskell and I don't have the
time/inclination to learn it.

Sending this to debian-arm and raspbian-devel to see if anyone there can
help out.