Re: cross-compilation, native compilation, or chroot compilation for armhf

+++ Paul Wise [2014-11-16 09:54 +0800]:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
> > Should be simpler in jessie since I believe it now supports building gcc
> > for cross compiling that works with multiarch installed packages which
> > gets rid of dpkg-cross and makes dependancies much nicer to deal with.
>
> Unfortunately the in-archive cross-compiler stuff missed the jessie
> freeze cutoff but Wookey has an external repository for jessie
> cross-compilers.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/CrossToolchains

And I did a quick test of how much stuff actually
multiarch-cross-builds in testing using those toolchains (by just
doing sbuild --host armhf --extra-repository"deb
https://people.debian.org/~wookey/tools/debian jessie main").

This mostly revealed at least one bug in sbuild (because lots of
build-deps failed that shouldn't), but also shows that some stuff works:
http://people.linaro.org/~wookey/buildd/testing/sbuild/status-bootstrap.html

With some more work and automation, something like this can form the
basis of a PTS 'cross-build status' entry.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/