Re: booting the samsung chromeboot xe303c12 with the debian armmp kernel

On Thu, 2014-11-13 at 11:13 -0200, Pedro Bulach wrote:
> On 13 November 2014 10:12, Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> wrote:
> >> Looking at the Debian kernel configuration, it appears that
> >> CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE is not enabled in the armmp kernel. This would appear
> >> to be a requirement for the simplefb variant of u-boot (can anyone
> >> confirm?).
> >
> > I think we could pretty safely enable that, although I'd be much happier
> > if someone could try it first. I don't think I have any relevant h/w in
> > the right places.
>
> Good catch! I will try to rebuild the kernel over the weekend enabling
> the simplefb and test again, and report back.

In the end as I had to do a build today for something else I enabled
this at the same time.

I booted it on my Arndale, which is hooked up for serial only and not
VGA (and in any case I don't think the bootloader does graphics), and it
didn't seem to regress anything so I've pushed the change to pkg-kernel
svn. It would still be worth trying it on a system with graphics though
if you are able.

Ian.