Re: Sheevaplug: Timing (?) problems since kernel 3.12

On Sat, 2014-11-08 at 10:44 +0100, Markus Krebs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using a Sheevaplug with an USB-Stick for storage as a server
> for many years now.
> Since kernel 3.12 (i. e. when dtb was introduced) I'm experiencing
> various erratic problems when transferring files over the network. For
> example unison (over ssh) is complaining about "Corrupted MAC on input";
> or when I'm trying to read a file over the network, Windows sometimes
> states that the file is corrupt (which is not the case).

On the face of it this sounds a bit like http://bugs.debian.org/764162
(network corruption caused by TSO), but that was caused by a change in
v3.16 only, so if yours started in v3.12 it must be something else.

> I guess those are timing problems, because when I change back to kernel
> 3.11 (I kept the related uImage and uInitrd), everything is fine again.
> Could this problem be caused by a change in the network driver or in the
> USB mass storage driver? Could anybody point me in the right direction
> how to solve it?
>
> When I use recent kernels from xilka.com, the problem persists, so I
> guess the problem is not Debian-related, but the solution must be found
> upstream(?).

Taking it upstream would probably be best, I've found the upstream
kirkwood maintainers to be very responsive.

Ian