Re: Booting armmp kernel on Beaglebone Black

> Thanks for the information. I rebuilt the armmp kernel with
> CONFIG_TI_EDMA=y, however it is still stuck at "Starting kernel ...".
>
> I tried both with and without the initramfs. For the attempt with
> initramfs, I used a uEnv.txt similar to [1]. The boot log is at [2].
>
> [3] has the remaining config diffs between the BBB kernel and the
> modified armmp that I recompiled. Would any of these be required to
> boot on BBB?
>
> [1] https://github.com/beagleboard/image-builder/blob/master/target/boot/beagleboard.org.txt
> [2] https://gist.github.com/jvalleroy/11284178
> [3] https://gist.github.com/jvalleroy/11284125

I'll see if can get you a better delta tomorrow.  Getting ready to
head to ELC in San Jose, so been packing..

My current kernel config delta is still around 1300 config's
differences from Debian's Jessie kernel.
(Beagle/xM/Panda/BeagleBone/BBB/omap5/(most
imx6)/imx51/imx53/A10-Lime)

Been cutting that delta down a little each week, should really start
adding kernel bug reports to get small things enabled..

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev/blob/master/tools/config-checker.sh

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson