Booting armmp kernel on Beaglebone Black

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am looking for some
help in booting the linux-image-armmp kernel on the Beaglebone Black.
I am building an SD card image using the freedom-maker tool [0], which
is a wrapper around vmdebootstrap. The image has a FAT boot partition
and ext4 root partition.

I run a script inside vmdebootstrap's chroot to set up the boot
partition. It copies over the MLO and u-boot.img (from debian u-boot
package), creates uEnv.txt, and sets up zImage and dtbs.

The 1st version of this script [1] uses the kernel deb package and
dtbs from rcn-ee.net. I can copy the image to an SD card and boot it
on the BBB.

The 2nd version of this script [2] uses the kernel and dtbs from
debian's linux-image-armmp package. But I can't get farther than
"Starting kernel ..." (log is at [3]).

Any suggestions on how I can get the armmp kernel to boot on BBB?

[0] https://github.com/NickDaly/freedom-maker
[1] https://github.com/jvalleroy/freedombox-setup/blob/beaglebone/setup.d/10_dreamplug#L78
[2] https://github.com/jvalleroy/freedombox-setup/blob/beaglebone-testing/setup.d/10_dreamplug#L78
[3] https://gist.github.com/jvalleroy/11162077