Re: Booting armmp kernel on Beaglebone Black

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnelson@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Why?  I don't know anything about this setting, but I note you said "built
>>> in", and not "enabled", implying that it's a driver.  Why should
>>> kernel+dtb+initramfs not allow this driver to be dynamically loaded for the
>>> hardware where it's needed?
>>>
>>> OTOH, maybe the problem is the poster is trying to boot without an
>>> initramfs... (no mention of an initramfs in the pastebin...)
>>
>> That wouldn't matter, from linux-image-3.13-1-armmp_3.13.10-1_armhf.deb
>>
>> # CONFIG_TI_EDMA is not set
>>
>> Sorry, can't confirm if it actually works as an external module.
>
> Correction, CONFIG_TI_EDMA can't be built as a module.

Thanks for the information. I rebuilt the armmp kernel with
CONFIG_TI_EDMA=y, however it is still stuck at "Starting kernel ...".

I tried both with and without the initramfs. For the attempt with
initramfs, I used a uEnv.txt similar to [1]. The boot log is at [2].

[3] has the remaining config diffs between the BBB kernel and the
modified armmp that I recompiled. Would any of these be required to
boot on BBB?

[1] https://github.com/beagleboard/image-builder/blob/master/target/boot/beagleboard.org.txt
[2] https://gist.github.com/jvalleroy/11284178
[3] https://gist.github.com/jvalleroy/11284125