Re: Proposal to replace/extend current armhf builders

Hello,

2013/11/15 Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@freevec.org>:

>> On the other side of things, Boston guys are aware of our interests
>> and they need to do some internal discussion and maybe allocate some
>> budget for special price or donation, I'll come back with more once
>> they let us know. Also, it appears to be that thanks to midways coming
>> up soon, highbanks might get under used by Linaro team, and they might
>> be able to donate/sponsor some (I asked them for 10) nodes for Debian.

> That is good news, 10 nodes, doesn't each board contain 4 nodes or have
> I got that wrong (so 2.5 boards)? These highbanks *are* the Calxeda
> blades right, or is this a different thing? Could you please give more
> details on this (eg. systems would be actually donated to Debian, or
> not, physical access allowed, etc). When is that more likely to happen,
> if you could give an estimate?

A board has 4 nodes, but we are speaking on shareable machine with 48
nodes hosted by (potential) donator.
Highbank is Calxeda blade based on cortex A9, Midway has Cortex A15
(and extra RAM, ~8GB).

I cannot give more details, as soon as I heard back from Boston, they
warned it might take over 2 weeks, I'll come back with the options
they propose. It might take some time, however we do not urge on
getting armhf hardware.

Cheers,
--

PS./
  I read on the thread backlog iceweasel ftbfs on sid... note it
builds on experimental, on a more recent version.
 < https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=iceweasel&arch=armhf&ver=25.0-1&stamp=1384006368