Re: Proposal to replace/extend current armhf builders

Hello,

2013/11/15 Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@freevec.org>:
> Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi> wrote:
>> Wearing my armel buildd maintainer hat, I don't feel the same urgency
>> as you seem to have - perhaps that's because the armel buildd'd are
>> less ram-starved than the locos?
>
> Yeah, you're spoiled, iirc, one buildd has 3GB of RAM :P

To add up more options, we received a donation offer from OpenBlocks
people as well, those machines have an ArmadaXP SoC and have miniPCI
slot to extend hardware up to 3GB RAM. Nobuhiro and Thomas Petazzoni
have been doing great work mainlining stuff. Openblocks donation was
done at the beginning of the current year (or end of last year), but
we rejected it in the hope to move to server class hardware.

On the other side of things, Boston guys are aware of our interests
and they need to do some internal discussion and maybe allocate some
budget for special price or donation, I'll come back with more once
they let us know. Also, it appears to be that thanks to midways coming
up soon, highbanks might get under used by Linaro team, and they might
be able to donate/sponsor some (I asked them for 10) nodes for Debian.

I would also like to thank the kind offer from Boundary devices.

Regards,
--