Re: Another "new" ARM plateform

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 01:14:49PM +0000, David Pottage wrote:
>> On 25/12/13 17:37, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> >just something for people's attention, this is a pretty damn good find
>> >by erix: quad-core 1ghz iMX6, it has 2gb of RAM, SATA, GbE and a full
>> >MiniPCIe slot (not just USB-only but *full* PCIe because the iMX6 has
>> >1x PCIe).  and plenty more.  on the face of it it looks like the $150
>> >price tag is high when compared to alternatives but the alternatives
>> >don't come with SATA, PCIe or 2gb of RAM.
>> Thanks for the link. (1)
>>
>> The price and spec looks quite similar to a Wandaboard quad (2),
>> which is not supprising considering they have the same Freescale
>> iMX6 SOC.
>
> The big difference I see is MiniPCIe, which I don't think the wandboard has.
> The wandboard has a swappable CPU/memory module, so in theory you get get a
> CPU/RAM upgrade (not sure if the wandboard solo/duallite can be upgraded to
> the wandboard quad with just the CPU/RAM module).
>

>> How good is the mainline linux kernel support for the Freescale iMX6 SOC?
>
> I'm running the wandboard quad with 3.12.3-1~exp1 armmp kernel that was from
> Debian's experiemntal branch. Hoping to test 3.12.6-1 from unstable soon. So
> far, it's worked fine as a headless server.
>
> Works (wandboard quad):
> - Sata
> - microSD
> - Network
> - audio out (headphone)
>
> Doesn't work (wandboard quad):
> - cpufreq

With v3.12.x, this should work on the quad, is this config set?
CONFIG_ARM_IMX6Q_CPUFREQ=y

(solo/dual cpufreq will not work till v3.14-rc, using the same
"renamed" config..)

> - HDMI video
> - HDMI audio
(waiting for imx_drm cleanup in staging before these are allowed in mainline..)

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/