Re: Fwd: [Arm-netbook] Another "new" ARM plateform

On 25/12/13 17:37, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
just something for people's attention, this is a pretty damn good find
by erix: quad-core 1ghz iMX6, it has 2gb of RAM, SATA, GbE and a full
MiniPCIe slot (not just USB-only but *full* PCIe because the iMX6 has
1x PCIe).  and plenty more.  on the face of it it looks like the $150
price tag is high when compared to alternatives but the alternatives
don't come with SATA, PCIe or 2gb of RAM.
Thanks for the link. (1)

The price and spec looks quite similar to a Wandaboard quad (2), which is not supprising considering they have the same Freescale iMX6 SOC.

How good is the mainline linux kernel support for the Freescale iMX6 SOC?

I currently have an Allwinner A10 based Cubieboard. In most respects it is a very nice single board computer, but I find it frustrating that I am stuck at Linux kernel version 3.4, and don't have access to bugfixes or new features available in later versions of the kernel, so I am looking for a replacement with full kernel mainline support.

(1) http://www.tbsdtv.com/launch/tbs-2910-matrix-arm-mini-pc.html
(2) http://www.wandboard.org/
(3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allwinner_A1X