Re: Debian 7.0 on Dreamplug basic installation and booting system external sd card

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

> On the DreamPlug, the vmlinuz file isn't enough.  You also need the
> Device Tree blob.  Can you run "flash-kernel" and see if that
> generates u* images that will boot?

Right so to get into an environment where I could do this, I
relaunched the installer, answered the questions thru to when all the
storage stuff had been loaded, and then backed out and chose "Execute
a shell".

In the shell, I did the following:

    # mkdir /mnt/root /mnt/root/boot
    # mount /dev/bfg/root /mnt/root
    # mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/root/boot
    # mount -o bind /proc /mnt/root/proc
    # mount -o bind /dev /mnt/root/dev
    # chroot /mnt/root bash

flash-kernel appeared from its output to be successful:

    Taking backup of uInitrd.
    Installing new uInitrd.
    Taking backup of dtb.
    Installing new dtb.

but from the timestamps on /boot/u{Image,Initrd}, no, these files were
not actually updated.

> As to why the installer didn't do that automatically, can you check
> the syslog file in /var/log/installer?

I have looked thru this and can't see anything relevant.  Should I
send the whole file through?

  regards, Stanley.