Re: Is someone working with the Utilite hardware ?

Am 06.10.2013 um 15:35 schrieb Peter Bauer <peter.bauer@inode.at>:

I received the pro model which has a quadcore i.MX6. I was
told from Compulab that device tree for i.MX6 is work in progress.
Here is a more detailed hardware description:
http://utilite-computer.com/download/documentation//utilite/utilite-technical-reference-manual.pdf

Since I have my unit now (the quad core 'Pro' model), I examined it a bit.
The device is actually based on the computer-on-module CM-FX6
http://compulab.co.il/products/computer-on-modules/cm-fx6/
There is some documentation on it available at the mentioned site.

I currently have wheezy armhf running on it using their custom kernel. Things not working for me (yet) are the sdcard slot (devnodes are not created on boot, though I see sdhc system messages in syslog) as well as hardware acceleration for graphics (there seems to be a driver for vivante gpu that would speed things up quite a bit).
That being said, it does run lxde environment quite well as it is (though surfing media-rich websites without hw accel is a pita).

Questions to the more experienced guys:

What can I do to help create a Debian-installer for this gadget?

Any pointers highly welcome!

Martin