Re: Is someone working with the Utilite hardware ?

Peter Bauer wrote:
Hello,

I received a Utilite pro some weeks ago which is based on a Freescale
i.MX6 which is a single/dual/quad core ARM Cortex A9(armv7).

Features:
http://utilite-computer.com/web/utilite-features

It comes pre installed with Ubuntu 12.04 softfloat on the SSD
and the current custom kernel from Compulab is:

utiutilite@utilite-ubuntu-desktop:~$ uname -a
Linux utilite-ubuntu-desktop 3.0.35-cm-fx6-3-00055-g8b9354a #92 SMP Mon
Sep 9 15:04:27 IST 2013 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Is anyone already working on porting Debian and running his own
kernel and the Debian Distribution on this device ?
I don't have experiance with that device specifically, I know there are
recent device tree based kernels for mx6 out there. I'm not sure if
everything mx6 needs is upstreamed yet. Also you may need a new device
tree depending on how close utilite's design is to existing mx6
platforms. Finally i'm not sure if the device tree based kernels support
video output or not.

OOI which model did you get?