Re: Removing armel from the list of arches we build for

Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
Hey,

armel has been one of the sore points of maintaining WebKit in Debian.
It often fails to build the package because of lack of memory or disk
space. I'm told by my colleague Hector Oron that WebKit's utility for
armel is quite limited, given it's often used headless rather than
providing a graphical user interface of some kind
I'm not sure i'd deem four failed builds (3 in sid, one in experimental) in the last two years to be "often".

The latest experimental version failed on armel but it also failed on armhf (though admittedly in different ways, it seems that the armel one got killed on a timeout while the armhf one ran out of disk space).