Re: Anyone got Wheezy running on a Dreamplug?

On Sat, 2013-05-18 at 11:40 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-05-17 at 09:24 +0100, Tixy wrote:

> > My attempts to debrick using openocd and the JTAG module were the same
> > as another user [3] even when I scripted power cycling and openocd to
> > run in a loop a to try and get the timing right (which was one of the
> > suggested remedies). I gave up after 1000's of cycles in a overnight
> > run.
>
> It does seem to be a bit of a dice roll if it works. FWIW I use:
>         sudo openocd -f /usr/share/openocd/scripts/board/sheevaplug.cfg -s /usr/share/openocd/scripts
> Then telnet to localhost port 4444 and:
>         reset;sheevaplug_init;load_image [path]/u-boot;resume 0x00600000
>
> The openocd version is the Debian package 0.5.0-1, running on amd64.
>
> Sadly based on that forum thread I don't expect that will help you.
>
> I do remember having problems with loose cables between the DP and the
> UART/JTAG module early on, but a firm reseating helped there.

Well, what do you know... I thought I'd give this one last try, I took
my bricked plug out of its case, to get better access, rammed the
connectors home, then tried JTAG connection whilst pulling the cables in
different directions and after about 10 tries got a U-Boot loaded into
RAM :-) And I've successfully loaded and flashed the Debian U-Boot using
the instructions that everyone says works.

Now all I need to do is get my soldering iron out. The separate SD card
board in the box had connectors which are glue in so I cut the cables,
thinking it was only for the internal micro SD (which I don't need) and
not realising it's needed for the external SD card as well. DOH!

--
Tixy