Re: Anyone got Wheezy running on a Dreamplug?

On 19/05/2013 16:37, Tixy wrote:
On Sun, 2013-05-19 at 15:12 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Sun, 2013-05-19 at 14:41 +0100, Tixy wrote:
On Sun, 2013-05-19 at 12:33 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
You may have (harmlessly) ended up appending the DTB twice since I think
the installer uImage has it already there...
It doesn't, I just checked, and if it did have the DreamPlug dtb it
wouldn't work on the iconnect which also has a dtb in the kirkwood
kernel package and so I assume is also supported.
Which kernel were you using?
I was using the one linked to from
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/install/
which I now see is the SheevaPlug one.

ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/main/installer-armel/current/images/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/dreamplug/ should have the device tree appended.
Yes, it does.

Seems that Martin Michlmayr's otherwise excellent pages have just had
the DreamPlug added to the list of supported devices without any
indication that you need a different uImage and that the process for
updating U-Boot is different.

Sitting here looking at the DreamPlug with it's ugly and fragile module
taped to it so I've got a serial port, and cut'n'pasting commands 8
characters at a time because said serial doesn't have hardware flow
control and will drop character otherwise, I can't help but suspect that
the plug is going to get put pack in the cupboard and not see the light
of day again.

Now if only I had bought a couple of OpenRD Ultimates when they were
available. The certainly look the business.

Well if you don't want it, I'll gladly take it off your hands.