Re: Add new armhf flavor armada370xp

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 09:27:42AM +0200, Riku Voipio wrote:
>>
>>> Definitely, yes. Hopefully in the longer term we'll be able to run
>>> more of the ARMv7+ machines with single kernels using DT, but that's
>>> not going to happen overnight.
>>
>>I hope we could be more ambitious and enter the single zImage /
>>multiplatform setup early. We could start by simply calling the
>>armada370 / armadaxp flavour "multiplatform". And then any new
>>architectures would only be added by including them to multiplatform
>>flavour - and only accepted if adding doesn't break existing platforms
>>supported by our multiplatform kernel.
>
> Good point, yes. Anybody object to that?

I've already started looking at multiplatform for quite some time but
currently multiplatform support in mainline is near to useless. If I
ignore all the 'select' omap Kconfig madness, it remains troubles
like no usb support in theses kernels. The patches for fixing this have
even been reverted by Gregkh because they were broken. There are other
more minor issues but this one is more "visible".

Arnaud